Saturday, August 1, 2009

Can I use purple shampoo on red hair???

OK, I need some advice here. My hair was previously highlighted to a very light blonde. My natural color is dark blonde, so I tried to dye it back to my natural color in order to stop getting highlights all the time. After using Clairol Natural Instincts (a semi-permanent color), my hair is, unfortunately, now a brownish-red.



I went to Sally's Beauty Supply, and they gave me some purple shampoo, after I had told them that I was afraid of my hair fading to orangeish yellow when the semi-permanent wears off. I'm almost scared to try it, though, seeing as how they told me that my hair might turn purplish if some of the lighter hairs hold on to the purple tint...



Is it safe to use the purple shampoo on my reddish hair??? I'm just looking to take out the orange/yellow tones. I don't mind my hair being more brownish... can't stand the red. Any advice would be awesome! Thanks!



Can I use purple shampoo on red hair???

I went to Sallys before and they gave me something to take out the mineral deposits when I accidentally died my hair a light pink color a couple years ago. Trust their advice, it works and is the same thing but cheaper that you would get if you went to a professional colorist for color correction. The product took out the pink from my hair, the result was a blond color like originally intended. I went to get it colored professionally and the colorist told me that what I got at Sally's is the exact same thing she would have put on.

No comments:

Post a Comment