Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Red hair fading - can I stop it?

I've heard that to preserve the natural colour you should wash your hair in cold water, is that true?



What are the best shampoos for redheads that like to stay as red as possible without a dye?



Are there any herbs or maybe some diet could help?



Maybe a good UV shampoo to stop the sun affecting it?



Thank you



Red hair fading - can I stop it?

The molecular structure of red dye is not as strong as other colours and fades quicker as a result.



This seems to be true of reds in other forms. have you ever seen an older car that is red and the colour seems to be faded and slightly pinkish?



There's not much you can do to preserve red hair colours other than to use a less stringent shampoo. Try a shampoo that is designed specifically for colour treated hair.



I gave up on my red hair after so much disappointment and expense of maintaining it!



If you are a natural redhead rather than a dyed redhead and want to maintain your colour it's a good idea to tie your hair back and cover your head if spending time in the sun. Same in winter with cold winds.



Red hair fading - can I stop it?

try john frieda shampoo for red hair: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/John-Frieda-Radian... and sunsilk conditioner: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SUNSILK-red-condit... use a red mousse for a temporary fix between colourings: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LOreal-colour-mous...



Red hair fading - can I stop it?

John Freidas shampoo and conditioner formulated for red hair is good for natural and dyed red heads. I'm not sure about the cold water thing, but I know that whether you have well or city water, the minerals and such can cause your hair color to fade or slightly change. A filter for your shower could help with that. I use one and I love it.



Red hair fading - can I stop it?

I use John Freda for Red heads. I really like their stuff... there isn't much you can do about the natural color fading, my hair is auburn during the winter months and then starts fading to a few shades lighter in the summer.. John Freda does not deposit color onto your hair it enhances your natural color. You don't need to dye your hair.. there is no way a stylist can match up color to your natural color.. Wash your hair in warm water (x2) then use conditioner.. now rinse your conditioner out after about 5 min. with cold water.. this locks in the moisture to keep your hair healthy... You can also use a shine serum to your hair.. sometimes it will make your hair seem a shade darker plus give you that nice healthy shine.



Red hair fading - can I stop it?

i dont have red hair but use a shampoo that is specifically for red hair and also use a conditioning treatment to preserve the natural oils in the hair.hope that helps oh and red hair is so nice,i find it really attractive :)



Red hair fading - can I stop it?

ive got the same prob - i had streaks of bright red in one week - but when i washed it - it went pink!! i will be watching out for ur answers!! cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment