Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Hair Help...Red wavy dry hair...what is the best to make it softer and more managable?

My 8yo daughter has long wavy red hair. Most of the time it is in a tangled mess. I wash it infrequently and put tons of conditioner on it. But even by the next day it is a jumbled up mess.



I've tried MANY products, but which are the BEST to use to keep her hair nice and soft, and moisturized?



Hair Help...Red wavy dry hair...what is the best to make it softer and more managable?

Believe it or not, stop using shampoo and just use conditioner. It will make your curls soft and managable.



I know it sounds gross, but it really works! Try it. Here is a website that talks all about it with before and after pictures too:



http://www.ylcf.org/gotcurl/



There is also a book, you can get it at that website. It is called "Curly Girl".



You will be amazed.



Have fun with your gorgeous locks :-)



blessings,



Mom to 5 with another on the way



Hair Help...Red wavy dry hair...what is the best to make it softer and more managable?

I think you will be pleased, glad to help Report It



Hair Help...Red wavy dry hair...what is the best to make it softer and more managable?

matrix or boilogic is the best products a bit costly but worth it



Hair Help...Red wavy dry hair...what is the best to make it softer and more managable?

My hair is wavy and quite unruly. I put an intensive conditioner on it every time I wash it and I only wash it every 3-4 days to keep the natural moisture in. I used to wash it every 2nd day but that made it worse. I know to people who have straight hair that may sound disgusting because their hair gets oily really quickly but for my hair type it really is the best thing to do. I was very pleased that when I went to the hairdresser he commented how good the condition of my hair is for its length. It was below my bra strap at the back before I got it chopped. Also try to avoid using a hairdryer if possible, because that takes the moisture out of the hair. It takes me 1/2 an hour to dry my hair with a hairdryer so I gave up years ago. HTH



Hair Help...Red wavy dry hair...what is the best to make it softer and more managable?

I always recconmand Sunsilk products. Good for your scalp and your hair.



Also if you want to keep your hair more managable then I suggest going to the dollar tree or a store with some nice clips to put in your.



Hair Help...Red wavy dry hair...what is the best to make it softer and more managable?

I don't have wavy dry hair, so unfortunately I can't tell you from experience. I do have a magazine, however, and this is what they suggest:



-Use a moisturizing shampoo and conditioner followed by a leave-in conditioner and a conditioning mousse. Your own anti-frizz crusade will depend on just how dry and unmanageable your hair is and whether it is thick and curly or thin and flyaway. There are anti-frizz serums, hair masks, hair balms, hot oil treatments, and non-greasy leave-in conditioners on the market. Your stylist can help you select the right products and show you how to apply them.



I know that dove has a shampoo and conditioner for moisturizing (and I like their mousse). Try http://www.dove.us/your_hair/intense_moi...



I'm using a leave-in conditioner by Neutrogena at the moment that I like:



http://www.neutrogena.com/ProductsDetail...



And if you do have problems with frizz; I recommend Frizz Ease Serum, but they have a lot of other products in that series that can reduce frizz as well although I haven't tried them:



http://www.johnfrieda.com/products/produ...



Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment