Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Is there a bright red hair dye which doesn't kill your hair?

I use Directions (http://www.directions-retail.co.uk/_page... or Crazy Colour hair dye in fire on bleached hair to get bright red locks but I'd like to use something which doesn't wash out so quickly and doesn't dry my hair so much. Is this possible? Are there any professional permanent or semi-perm dyes which will give me that bright effect without having to bleach first?



I used to use Stargazer but got allergic to that and have tried Manic Panic, which was terrible and didn't work. Apart from that I don't even know of any other bright red dyes. It's not something you see in Boots.



I'm heartily sick of dyeing my hair every fortnight and my hair is sick of it too but I also definitely can't afford to go to a hairdressers.



Really hope you guys can help!



Thanks :)



Is there a bright red hair dye which doesn't kill your hair?

Im a hairdresser ( and a good one too ) so this is fact. If your hair is any lighter than what you would consider brown you need to bleach it up first and use a semi permanent red. If your hair is brown or darker then take yourself to a L'OreaL salon where they will use something called MAJICONTRAST which is permanent and has minimal fade. Done



Is there a bright red hair dye which doesn't kill your hair?

Thank you very much. I'll try and find Majicontrast. Any advice for a professional semi-perm red? I tried a Goldwell one the other day and it was the pure red which you can mix in with less vibrant ones but it still wasn't that bright.



Thanks to everyone who answered. Report It



Is there a bright red hair dye which doesn't kill your hair?

L'oreal semipermanents.



Is there a bright red hair dye which doesn't kill your hair?

I'm guessing your from the uk, which im not.



But if you there s a l'oreal hairdye you could buy,eat. if they dont have that, try the less better one : garnier.



Is there a bright red hair dye which doesn't kill your hair?

STOP coloring your hair, while you still have hair. Bleaching hair alone is so bad for your hair. Do yourself a favor %26amp; go to a salon %26amp; get your hair colored. They can do a "tint back" %26amp; that will bring your hair back to its natural color. My advice, is to get back to your natural color %26amp; leave your hair alone. If not, you'll regret it later on in life. Just my opinion.



Is there a bright red hair dye which doesn't kill your hair?

Sorry! Only thing I can suggest it get a friend to help you bleach it and try to make sure that the bleach only gets on the roots - also you have to accept (like I did!) that there is a limit to how long you can grow bleached hair before it starts looking completely frazzled. Use deep conditioners regularly and buy a leave-in conditioner to use after you wash it. As for colour, Jerome Russell used to make a good one but I can't remember what it was called (however, they did sell it in Boots). I always liked Stargazer too! Try some online hairdressing suppliers - you might be able to get bulk packs at cheaper prices. It's not as if you won't get through it; unfortunately, bleaching makes your hair so porous that anything you put in it tends to run straight back out as sson as it gets wet! Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment